My Father's Battle

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

My Father's Battle

Postby express » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:53 pm

Just tonight, my father called me on my cell phone.

He's really struggling right now. He doesn't have a home. He sleeps in his truck. The tailgate of his truck was stolen while he was asleep. He works as a mechanic everyday, and he barely gets paid (almost never). He doesn't see us (me and my brother) that much. I've already talked about how my mother is and how my parents are divorced.

But aside all of that, his real struggle is the fight between his old creature (his flesh ) and his new creature. When I talked to him, it was just like the father I knew before - sarcastic, rash, judgmental, and one to put you on a guilt trip - was trying to come out and take over my new father saved in Christ.

He knew what was going on, and when he talked to me, he was very honest about the condition he was in. He admitted that at the moment he was in the flesh and that his heart was not right with the Lord. However, he said he would not open anymore doors to Satan. It was hard for him to even pray before we parted off the phone. He is continuing to pray and ask God for help. At the present situation, he really DOES have no one he can depend on EXCEPT the Lord.

I really want to help him, but this is something (as my father stated himself) that is between him and the Lord. All I can do is pray for him and ask that the Lord's Will be done on his situation. The only advice I could give him is to seek and cry out to the Lord for help.

The situation in our family is a very griveous one, not one of material poverty, but of spiritual poverty brought out by Satan's deception (my mother's situation, and now Satan is trying to get my father back in this world once again.) This spiritual warfare is no joke, no myth, no psychological manifestation on any of our parts. This is REAL.

Our family needs prayers. Please pray for my mother and for her salvation. And pray for my father, who is struggling within himself against his old creature who is trying to remind him of all the material poverty he is in. I know the Lord is always victorious, and in Him - alone - my father, and all of us, can and will overcome this fallen world and rise victorious with Him.
express

Postby Rashiir » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:34 am

Will do.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby shooraijin » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:11 am

Definitely.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Shinja » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:31 pm

sure thing
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:10 am

Yes, I'll continue to pray for your family.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Spiritsword » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:14 pm

I will pray for them, express.

Spiritsword
Spiritsword

Return to Prayer Room