[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Mission Trip - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Mission Trip

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Mission Trip

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:36 am

Hey Gang! I could use your prayer support from now until September 16th. For the past 3 years I have been the chairperson of a taskforce of a partnership between our area churches (about 32 in all) and 1 church and 6 mission points in the Piatra Neamt region of Romania. If you would like to find that on a map, it is north, northeast of Bucharest in eastern Romania. We have a mission trip scheduled September 4th - 16th. Our work will include a medical mission, children's work, leadership training, and evangelistic meetings. There are 12 individuals going and I will be the team leader. Pray for us as we make preparations to go. Pray also as each person prepares themselves spiritually for this trip. Pray for our travels, both as we fly and travel in the country by van (Piatra Neamt is 7 hours north of Bucharest and the driving conditions are...interesting). Pray for those that we will come into contact with while there that they will be open to the gospel message we share. Pray for our translators to be able to work and translate smoothly and effectively. Pray for the churches in this area to have a bold witness. Up until a few years ago they were under communist persecution. Now they face religious persecution from the Romanian Orthodox church (we are Baptist and we and other evangelicals are viewed as cults). I'll share updates with you up until the trip takes place. Perhaps if I can get one of the moderator's email addresses I can send daily prayer requests during the trip itself as we will be sending these out to our churches emails. Thanks for your prayers.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Shinja » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:40 am

sure thing.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Saint » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:51 am

you can count on it.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:18 am

Will do!
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:49 am

Yeah, I'll add my support. And if you really can't get a moderator's e-mail (though I'm sure you will) you could use mine for the purposes of updating us.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ashley » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:07 pm

We'd love to help you out! Perhaps you could send us a daily/weekly list of prayer needs and progress. You can use mine (korintenku@hotmail.com) if you'd like. Although I'm sure any of the mods or admins would love to volunteer as well.
Oh yeah, and we'll be praying.
Ashley

Postby Rashiir » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:46 pm

Sure will!
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:40 am

Hi Friends

Just wanted to let you know how things where progressing in regard to the trip I am leading over to Romania in just a little over a week.

One of the big draws we have always had in the villages that we go into is the Medical clinic that we hold. When we first started this Partnership almost 3 years ago we were able to get about $200,000.00 worth of medicine donated here in the U.S. and were able to take this in. However, year after year it has gotten more difficult to obtain permission from the Romanian Department of Health to get this into the country. Last year we were the only mission group to go in that was able to get permission. This year we were informed it would not be possible. We began looking into purchasing our medicine in Romania. Of course now our dependence was upon God to supply the money for this as it would no longer be donated. Last week we recieved word from a doctor there that it would cost us $27,000.00 to purchase what we would normally take. At the time we had a budget of $3,000.00 to $5,000.00. Over this past weekend our doctor here went through the list to make an estimate of what he would need. It was still around $10,900.00. But God is in control. Yesterday, donations of over $6,000.00 came in from a number of places and we now have over $11,000.00 to go to this clinic.

I thank you for your prayers as we have been making preparations. Continue to lift us up as we draw up final plans for the trip. I have made up a day by day prayer guide for the churches in our area to use to know what is going on, where we will be and what we will be doing. I would have placed that here but I can't seem to cut and paste it to this location. If you would like a copy of this please PM me with your email address and I will send it. Also, Ashley is on the daily email update that will be coming from Romania and she can keep you informed.

Again, thank you for all your prayers.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Gypsy » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:50 pm

Oh wow! Mission trips are both fun and life changing at the same time. The team will be in my prayers - especially the leaders of the groups.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Return to Prayer Room