[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
I need help - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

I need help

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

I need help

Postby Nadeshiko » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:35 am

I haven't attended church for months now (I haven't been attending since last year), and for some reason I don't want to. Maybe it's because I'm afraid to face God or something. I don't even pray anymore. It's like I have committed this great sin that I don't think I've forgiven myself for yet. *sigh* Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
I need a new computer, someone give me a dollar.
Nadeshiko

Postby Ashley » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:45 am

Nade,
You know what I would do? I'd take some time and really search my heart. Are you disappointed in God? Guilty about not making Him first anymore? (two of mybiggest reasons for falling away).
Then I would just sit on my bed, take a deep breath, and just talk to Him. You don't have anything to be afraid of because:
"neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. " --Romans 8:39. And here's the comforting part...that "anything else in all creation"...that includes you. I earnestly believe God wants to show you more about Him if you are willing to seek it. He'll run to catch you, but ya hafta take the first step back up, right?
Oh, I love this quote my pastor always says...God doesn't expect His fish to gut themselves first. If we could wash away our own sins, we wouldn't need a Savior! Don't worry about trying to make up for anything you've done, just admit you did it.
Also, maybe you should consider switching churches, or if you're not involved, pray about becoming involved. Sometimes you just get bored/complacent with your role in the church, and a little involvement can give you a reason to keep going.
I hope this helped!
Ashley

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:26 am

Yeah, Nade, Ash couldn't have posted a more perfect verse. God is crazy about you, and He's been watching over you with loving eyes, even though you haven't been praying or worshiping Him. There is a poem that I read a while ago. There are lots of versions of it, so I'm sure you've seen it before. But, anytime I feel bad about not giving God enough time out of my day, or if my priorities are not what they should be, I've always thought back to this poem.

If You've Got the Time…

Dear Friend,

As you got up this morning, I hoped you would talk to me, even for a moment, asking my opinion or thanking me for something good that happened in your life recently. But I noticed you were too busy trying to find the right outfit to wear. So, I waited…

When you ran around the house getting ready, I knew there would be a few minutes for you to stop and say hello, but you were too busy. At one point you waited fifteen minutes for the doctor to call back, but you read the paper. Then I saw you spring to your feet, I thought you would talk to me, but you ran to the phone and called a friend…

When you were at work I waited patiently all day long. With all your meetings I guess you were too busy to say anything to me. I noticed that before lunch you looked around; maybe you felt embarrassed to talk to me; that is why you didn't bow your head. That's okay, there is still more time left, and I hope you will talk to me even yet…

You went home and it seems as if you had lots of things to do. After a few of them were done you turned on the TV. You spend a lot of time each night in front of it. I waited patiently again as you watched TV and ate your meal, but you didn't talk to me. As you did your homework I waited again, but I know that has to get done…

At bedtime I guess you felt too tired to talk to me. After you said goodnight to your family you plopped into bed and fell asleep in no time. That's okay, because you may not realize that I am always there for you. I have patience more than you will ever know. I want to teach you how to be patient with others as well…

Because I love you so much, a long time ago I left a wonderful place called heaven and came to earth. I gave it up so that I could be ridiculed and made fun of. I even died so you wouldn't have to take my place. I love you so much that I wait everyday for a nod, a prayer, a thought or a thankful part of your heart. It is hard to have a one-sided conversation. Well, you are getting up again, and once again I will wait with nothing but love for you, hoping that today you will give me some time…

Your friend,
Jesus

And God always knows your heart, Nade. Just remember that, and He doesn't seem so far away.
I'll be praying for you!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby inkhana » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:51 am

These guys always know what to say--:D

Anyhow, I think everyone faces a problem like this at some point...I certainly have. I'll be praying for you. Take care and God bless.

Ink

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

church

Postby Bigben » Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:51 pm

U dont need church u need God u havent commited no sins but the devil wants u to think that so u will be afraid or scared of what is right . if i was u i would go to church and let the lord push u to go to the preacher or whoever to be prayed for so that u can get back on your feet to praise the lord u should listen to Trinitee 5:7 Lord song and MaryMary shackles cause the devil shouldnt be on nobodys back trying to hold them down to come to his place .Ill leave it like this where do u want to go Heaven
or
Hell
chose and let your faith decide on whats right Bigben
"BigBen" Ben Lindsey :rock:
Bigben

Postby inkhana » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:58 pm

Originally posted by Bigben
Ill leave it like this where do u want to go Heaven
or
Hell
chose and let your faith decide on whats right Bigben

Now....now...if Nadeshiko hadn't already made that sort of decision she wouldn't have made the post she did. But I do agree on this point, Nadeshiko: it seems the devil is trying to weigh you down. Hang on and keep praying...it will come out all right.

Ink

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:04 pm

Wow..that letter/poem thing is powerful...I'm about to cry over here...because I've been pretty distant myself. Haven't felt like going to church...my problem is, I still find it hard to believe that God is going to answer my prayers, because there are so many things wrong in my life and none of them seem to get better no matter how many times I ask God about it. So I'm hesitant to pray. That and I get busy with stuff and forget... .___. I have to set aside my quiet time again every night. I think that'll help me...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ashley » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:42 pm

It IS hard to want to even speak to God when things go horribly wrong in your life, or the life of those you care about, because it just doesn't make sense. I struggle with it a lot...I'm a control freak by nature and it frustrates me when things happen that I cannot control. But, in the words of Jeremiah, God knows what He has in store for us, and for Christians, it will always be for the greater good, even if we don't understand it. Again I want to stress how much I have to struggle with this point in my own One final thought, you can't suprise God. It's not like He'll say "well, I DID have a plan for you, but you went off and went to a different school, so you're on your own kiddo." So there's no screw-up or problem or situation or---as I so often have to tell myself---emotional tangle too big for Him.
Ashley

Postby Nadeshiko » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:47 pm

Thanks everyone! I guess I need to do some quiet time.

Truth is, I'm quite disappointed with the fellowship that I'm in right now, that's why I haven't attended for months. I had this problem a few months back, October last year I think, and I asked our pastor for help. Instead of helping, he told everyone about my problem, not to mention the entire worship team, which I was active in at that time. I was the bassist, and I enjoyed playing for the worship team, and with everyone knowing my problem, it's like I'm this dirty sinner who they just want to stay away from. I was so crushed that our pastor would do something like that. I still tried to attend for a few weeks, but after awhile, the stares were increasing, the only thing left for them to do is disfellowship me, so I left because I didn't feel welcome anymore. I tried to look for another fellowship to be a part of, but I grew up in that church, all of my friends and family attend there, and it's hard to look for a place to really belong. A Christian can never grow on her own. I need some place where I can be without everyone critisizing me.
I need a new computer, someone give me a dollar.
Nadeshiko

Postby inkhana » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:55 pm

That's awful! I can understand why you haven't been particularly inspired to return to fellowship. I'm just sorry that it happened that way...you'll be in my prayers.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Ashley » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:56 pm

ditto to what Ink said! (I couldn't say it any better myself). Although, if it's any comfort, God promises not to give us more than we can bear, ya know? So you'll make it through...may be hard, granted, and probably will be, but I'm sure you'll find somewhere to worship soon.

Hey, bassist eh? You rock! *hugs fellow bassist*
Ashley

Postby Rashiir » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:48 am

Oh, you poor thing...I can imagine...I've seen it happen. Not in a church, but at school...I would think it would be a similar kind of thing, though...

I'm so sorry that something that lame had to happen to you...It's frickin retarded because it just encourages one to be a dishonest hypocrite that doesn't admit it when one makes a mistake. Friggin hypocrites...like they haven't sinned themselves. I think I understand now why people are against organized religion.:( I hope and pray that something like that won't ever happen to you again and that you may find good fellowship again soon. But first, you must find it within yourself to forgive them, no matter how hard it might be. You don't need to keep going there, though, unless you want to.

On another note, bassist like a big cello, or the long four stringed guitar?
Rashiir

Postby firefly » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:54 am

i'm also in a agreement with ink and ash on this one. i will pray for you to be able to get through this.
firefly

Postby calbhach » Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:50 am

I'll be praying for you!

Calbh

Adopted ~ The Melody Maker :)

Adopted by ~ CephasVII :D

Adopted as a pet by ~ 1BalloonPopper ^_^

Adopted pets ~ Marbles (1BalloonPopper) =D
calbhach

Postby Shinja » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:00 pm

yeah i can understand how you feel. ive been shuned at more than one chruch in my life not for anything i did but i guess for who i was. as a result of that i often find it hard to go looking for a church cause i dont want to end up again getting hurt by it. but just to let you know your not the only one out there. i know God will lead you to a good church even if it takes a while.

it'll take longer than you wish, yet shorted than you imagine.

2 corinthians 12:10 That is why for Christ's sake, i delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in presicutions, in difficulties. for when i am weak, then i am strong.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Turbocat » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:22 pm

Nadeshiko, it looks bad now but maybe this is God working in your life, you know, closing a door but opening a window to someplace better...my sister in law and her family recently left our church due to a disagreement... her kids grew up in this church and they've attended for years, but they never got involved (they even got to the point of dropping their kids off at church and picking them up when it was over)

well because of a situation in the church she finally decided to go somewhere else....but due to that they are all very involved in their new church and growing in their relationship with God...so maybe God is making the situation where you are unbearable (lighting a fire under your seat?) so that you will move to where He has some great plans for you.

I'm sure your friends and family will be sad but if they truly care about you they will praise God when you begin to grow and serve God the way you are meant to...my prayers are with you in this situation.
In Christ,

Turbo =^.^=
Turbocat

Return to Prayer Room