Prayer for guidance and patience

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Prayer for guidance and patience

Postby Kamille » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:01 pm

About 4 years ago I decided not to use my major of mechanical engineering to instead become an author. I believed, and sometimes I still believe, that it is God's will for my life because of the strong passion he put in my heart to write and the timing for this passion roughly coincided with my salvation in Christ Jesus. But now between work and church and volunteering, I barely have any time to write. I've been writing a novel for the past few years that I've dedicated to God, but I'm only on the fifth revision of the first chapter. I'm just frustrated and a bit sad and I feel my passion slipping away.

On the other hand the classes that I've been taking at church and the fellowships and volunteer work that I've been going to have been instrumental in my Christian growth - so there's no way I'd give those up. I would love a job where I can write this novel, but I'm in a lot of debt and I prayed for about a year before God finally gave me the job I have now that pays a good amount (I work in a library). It's a dilemma for me because I feel that God wants me to use my passion, but what's the use if I don't have enough time?

I think I just need the guidance and patience from God in His Holy Spirit and I ask for it, but I can always use your prayers. Please pray that I follow God's plan for my life and that I follow as the Holy Spirit leads me. Please pray that I have the fruits of the Holy Spirit in me always: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control..." - Galatians 5:22-23.

-Just one last thing. I've also recently been getting fatigued during prayer, partly because I'm doing so much other stuff that I can feel a bit overwhelmed. Please pray that I never get tired of praying, as I love God and you all.
"Lives are power." - Kamille Bidan
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" - Christ the Lord (John 11:25-26)

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4.

Remember - the Lord will be with you - always. :)
Kamille

Return to Prayer Room